Superior Support, Straight From Our Experts
ScanSource Customer Service is here to help you with any post-order, support-related issues. While we can't guarantee that every product we ship arrives in perfect condition, we can make sure any problems that arise are handled quickly and painlessly. Whether it’s following up on tracking or requesting a Return Material Authorization (RMA), Customer Service is here to support you!
Phone: 800.944.2439 x4049
Want to chat with us? Click the “Chat with an Expert” icon in the bottom right of your screen to connect with an available Customer Service rep.
ScanSource Return Policy
- A Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number is required for all returns.
- An RMA number is valid for 30 days from the date of creation.
- The RMA number must be visible on all returns. Do not write on the original product box.
- ScanSource does not accept returns of print heads, barcode media, software, or service contracts.
- All returns are subject to a restock fee.
- Customer is responsible for freight costs when returning product.
- Supplier products that are discontinued or obsolete do not qualify for a return.
- Customers ultimately are responsible for the condition of the returned items. These policies should be communicated to their end-user customers.
- No open-box returns for non-DOA products. Product box must be clean and undamaged, with no marks of any kind. This includes writing, stamps, or shipping labels, I.e., written RMA numbers. All products must be double (over) boxed.
- Product must be returned in the original manufacturer's packaging, both inside and outside. Returns must be complete with all manuals, cables, warranty cards, static bags, etc., just as customers received them.
- Customers have 30 days from date of invoice to request a non-DOA return.
- Non-DOA configured or custom products may not be returned.
- Products that show signs of use (I.e., powered on or tested) are not returnable to ScanSource as non-DOA.
- For customers on credit terms, credit will be applied to your account when the product is received by ScanSource.
- Refer to the Supplier’s Warranties and Returns Policy for supplier- specific return guidelines.
- If the product is tested and the problem is not duplicated, there may be a “No Problem Found” fee charged to the customer.
- For customers on credit terms, credit will be applied to your account when the product is received by ScanSource. If requested, replacement product will be sent in advance, freight free.
- For customers on credit-card status, if desired we will send replacement product at your normal credit-card status, and you can request from Reseller Financial Services (RFS) a refund or credit to your card when ScanSource receives the returned product.
Customer Service Request TypesScanSource Customer Service is here to support you with any of the following requests:
- Issuing Return Material Authorization (RMA)
- Resolve shipping discrepancies (Discrepancies must be reported to Customer Service within 15 days of ScanSource invoice date.)
- Reprinting packing slips
- Providing carrier POD on outbound shipments
- Processing carrier claims
- Providing advanced replacements for defective or damaged products
When returning products to ScanSource, the following guidelines should be followed:
- To avoid damages to the product box, all returns must be double (over) boxed.
- Customer is responsible for freight costs.
- Follow all shipping guidelines established by ScanSource, freight carriers, and other outside agencies that regulate the movement of certain types of goods including, but not limited to, lithium batteries.
- Adhere to any return-specific guidelines provided with your RMA.
In US, return product to:
8650 Commerce Drive, Suite 100
Southaven, MS 38671
Attn: RMA # _________
In Canada, return product to:
c/o CEVA Freight Canada Corp
1880 Matheson Blvd East
Mississauga, Ontario L4W-5N4 Canada
Attn: RMA # _________
Warranties and DOA/Defective Return Policies
In most cases, warranty fulfillment is managed by the supplier. ScanSource provides no warranty other than the warranty offered by the supplier on the product.
Product will be sent back to the customer—at the address provided at the time of the RMA request—in the following circumstances:
- If a product is returned missing any components sent with the original order.
- If the condition of the returned product is in any way misrepresented.
- If the received product is damaged in any way.
- If there is not a valid and visible RMA number.
- If a product returned on a DOA is tested as a full-functioning product.
- If product is received more than 30 days after the date the RMA number is issued.
- If a product is not returned in the original packaging and/or box.
- If product not sold by ScanSource is returned.